by Joshua Russo
Take Heart with Persona 5 next Valentine’s Day
Persona 5 may be launching at the end of this summer in Japan, but North American fans will have to wait another five months to get in on the action. A press release sent out by Atlus confirms a release date of Fabruary 14 2017. Special editions for the game were also detailed.
The jig is up for the Phantom Thieves on February 14, 2017, when the next numbered entry in the award-winning Persona series makes its debut in the Americas. ATLUS’ Persona Japanese role-playing game series will be released exclusively on the PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 3 consoles, and is available to pre-order now. Besides the PS3 game there will be a special PS4 SteelBook® Launch Edition as well as a limited “Take Your Heart” Premium Edition. Find out more details here: atlus.com/persona5.
The details of the two limited PS4 editions of the games are:
SteelBook Launch Edition – PlayStation 4 only ($59.99/CA$79.99)
Available only to PS4 pre-orders and a limited number of day-one purchases, while supplies last.
- SteelBook: The PS4 version will come specially packaged in a SteelBook collectible case, emblazoned with Persona 5 designs.
“Take Your Heart” Premium Edition – PlayStation 4 only ($89.99/CA$109.99)
Exclusive to the PS4 version of the game, the premium edition includes the following:
- Soundtrack CD: A selection of music from Persona 5 by legendary series composer Shoji Meguro in a CD wallet featuring P5 artwork.
- Morgana plush: Morgana the cat is not just the mascot of the Phantom Thieves, but is also a member—and also not just a cat! The premium edition includes an exclusive 4″ plush of Morgana.
- 64-page hardcover art book: This art book is full of concept sketches, character art, and more by character designer Shigenori Soejima.
- SteelBook: As strong as a vault, the game disc for the PS4 will come specially packaged in a SteelBook collectible case, emblazoned with Persona 5 designs.
- School bag: Designed after the traditional school bags in Japan, the exclusive replica bag comes complete with the Shujin Academy crest.
- Collectible outer box: Easily the largest premium edition in ATLUS’ history, the entirety of the “Take Your Heart” Premium Edition comes in a colossal collectible box.
Persona 5 is a game about the internal and external conflicts of a group of troubled high school students – the protagonist and a collection of compatriots he meets in the game’s story – who live dual lives as Phantom Thieves. They have the typically ordinary day-to-day of a Tokyo high schooler: attending class, after-school activities, and part-time jobs. But they also undertake fantastical adventures by using otherworldly powers to enter the hearts of people. Their power comes from the Persona, the Jungian concept of the “self”; the game’s heroes realize that society forces people to wear masks to protect their inner vulnerabilities, and by literally ripping off their protective mask and confronting their inner selves do the heroes awaken their inner power, and using it to help those in need. Ultimately, the group of Phantom Thieves seeks to change their day-to-day world to match their perception and see through the masks modern society wears.
Persona 5 will release on Feb. 14, 2017 in the Americas, for PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 3. Pre-orders are now available at participating retailers. The game is not yet rated by the ESRB. For more information, please visit the official website, atlus.com/persona5
Box art for Persona 5 was also released.
Persona 5 will release for both the PlayStation 3 and PlayStation 4.