by Joshua Russo
After leaking last month Bungie has official announced Destiny‘s next expansion. Rise of Iron will release on September 20th for $29.99 for both the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. The announcement came during Bungie’s Destiny stream this morning with an official reveal trailer.
Destiny: Rise of Iron is the next highly anticipated expansion to the Destiny universe. It features an all new cinematic story campaign set within The Plaguelands, a brand new location on Earth. Under the command of Lord Saladin you will face a new faction of Fallen Devils, the Splicers, while unravelling the mystery of the Iron Lords. Rise of Iron features new weapons, armor, and gear, as well as a new cooperative three-player Strike, a new mode and maps for the Crucible competitive multiplayer, and an all new six-player cooperative Raid.
- New Story Campaign & Quests
- New Armor and Gear
- New Weapons
- New Raid
- Maximum Light Increase
- New Strike
- New Plaguelands Zone & Social Space
- New Crucible Mode & Maps
- New Enemy Faction and Bosses
Unlike the previous three expansions, Rise of Iron will not release on PlayStation 3 or Xbox 360. Players who preorder Rise of Iron will receive an Iron Gjallarhorn rocket launcher as a bonus.
In order to play Rise of Iron, Destiny owners must have the previous expansions installed; The Dark Below, House of Wolves and The Taken King.
Latest posts by Joshua Russo (see all)
- Stardew Valley finally launches on Nintendo Switch this week - October 2, 2017
- Metal Gear Solid V headlines PlayStation Plus games for October - September 27, 2017
- October’s lineup for Xbox Games with Gold announced - September 27, 2017