by Joshua Russo
Rocket League’s third season of competitive play begins with Neo Tokyo
Rocket League is getting a new arena and much much more in its next update later this month titled Neo Tokyo. The update will be free on all platforms and will roll out on June 20.
The new features for Neo Tokyo were detailed on Rocket League‘s blog:
- The beginning of “Season 3” for Competitive Playlists, which resets all skill ratings and rewards last season’s players with exclusive Rocket Trails that reflect their highest achieved ranks
- An expanded Item drop system that adds…
- More than 20 “Rare” and “Very Rare” Item types for online, post-game drops
- An easy-to-use “Trade In” system that allows players to exchange multiple Items of one rarity type for an even rarer one.
- New “Painted” Items that offer different color variations on existing Garage favorites like Toppers and Wheels
- Special “Certified” Items that track specific in-game stats and increase in prestige the higher those stats go
- New Quick-Chat customization options that expand player choices for fast, in-game communication
- New Post-Game celebrations that spotlight the winning team and allow them to jump, spin, and boost their car to show off their accomplishments
- “Pillars,” a new experimental Arena that separates the field into three lanes via two massive walls in the middle of the stadium
- Eight new Trophies and Achievements on all three platforms [Blog Coming June 13]
- A new, in-game “Showroom” that allows players to view and purchase all previously-released and future premium DLC [Blog Coming June 15]
Four new vehicles will also release separately on July 18 for an additional $1.99 per car.
Latest posts by Joshua Russo (see all)
- Here are Xbox Games with Gold for July - June 27, 2017
- Nintendo announces SNES Classic Edition, games, price and release date - June 26, 2017
- The Next Save Point Show: Episode 75 – E3 2017 Final Thoughts and Impressions - June 21, 2017